Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Fraise & Framboise Chocolat Ganache Tartlets
This is a recipe from "The Dessert Book by Chef Hidemi Sugino"..... oh got to tell you, he is one of my celebrity chef that I idol so much, his work is so incredible.
Sweet Tart Dough(Pate Sucree)
90g unsalted butter, thinly sliced
60g confectioners' sugar
30g whole egg
20g almond flour
150g all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
1. Combine butter and sugar in food processor, and process for 4 to 5 seconds
2. Gradually add egg, almond flour and all-purpose flour, processing 4 to 5 seconds after each addition.
3. Scarping down mizture between additions. Total processing time may be 12 to 15 seconds, or until dough just holds together. Do not over-mix.
4. Place into airtight plastic bag and flatten with a rolling pin. Refridgerate for 2 to 3 hours.
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into 2.5 to 3mm thick. Prick all over with a fork. Place dough onto a tart pan loosely, the floured surface up, and press dough into pan.
6. Trim dough, by rolling a pin on dough. Press sides and bottom tightly onto pan. Cut away any exess dough with a knife.
To make tartlets, cut dough one size larger than the pans after rolling out. Then trim the overhanging dough with a knife after pressing into pans. If you don't use all the dough, freeze the rest.
Fraise & Framboise Chocolat Ganache
(I had altered some of the ingredient to suit the taste and liking.)
80g frozen framboise(rasberry) puree
10ml framboise Monin syrup
10ml fraise Monin syrup
70ml heavy cream(whipping cream)
150gm dark chocolat (bittersweet)
30gm soft unsalted butter
1. Bake tart case: Roll out dough and place into baking pans; prick bottom of dough all over with a fork, bake in a 170C over the oven for 10 to 12 minutes; let cool.
2. Make ganache: Heat the puree until just starting to melt, remove from heat. Add syrups; set aside until completely melted by remaining heat. Return to heat, add heavy cream and bring to boil.
3. In a large bowl, place chocolat, add hot puree-cream mixture, whisking little by little, drawing small circles until emulsify completely. Add butter in small pieces, mix well until shiny.
4. Pour ganache into tart cases and spread evenly. Garnish with fresh fraise or framboise.(can serve with vanilla ice cream)
Something simple and yet will trigger the wildest taste of your guests. For sure you will be a great host of the day......
Big Boys Oven