Saturday, November 24, 2007
Palm Sugar (Gula Melaka) Malay Sponge Cake "Ma Lai Ko"
70ml palm sugar
2 large eggs
100gm castor sugar
160gm cake flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
200ml thick coconut milk
1. Beat egg until bubble then add sugar for 10 minutes (till thick and white)
2. Pour egg mixture into a bowl fold in shifted cake flour and baking soda
3. Blend in palm sugar then the thick coconut milk
4. Cover and rest batter for 20minutes (to get the honeycomb effect)
5. Stir and pour into desire cups or moulds
6. Steam at high flame for 25minutes
I alway find that "Ma Lai Ko" to be eaten and serve while they are soft and warm. This gorgeous "Ma Lai Ko" can be served with ice cream too. Hope you will try this recipe in your own kitchen at your own time and pleasure.
Big Boys Oven